Yousra H. Taleb
Address: Lebanon, Saida. Eastern Blvd. Hariri & Zaidan Bldg. 4th Fl.
+961 3 789349
Marital status: single
Place of Birth: Saida, Lebanon
2011-current AUL Lebanon
- Masters in Business Administration
2005 – 2006 Islamic University in Lebanon Lebanon
- B.S in Business Administration, Major in Accounting
September 2011 – current UNRWA Saida, Lebanon
Employment Services Center Supervisor – UNRWA/ILO project funded by SDC
Overall management of ESC
- Ensure the implementation of the ESC annual strategy and the achievement of the objectives set for the centre
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports reflecting on achievements of ESC as compared with pre-defined baseline and targets
- Implement the apprenticeships and the on-the-job trainings initiatives according to the guidelines developed by UNRWA, Employment unit and ILO
- Represent the ESC in internal and external meetings
- Supervise, provide guidance and support to the counseling/placement officer, outreach officer and the registration clerk in their daily activities
- Generate and encourage close coordination between the staff members
- Ensure that the management information system is in place, functional and responding to staff needs
January 2010 – August 2011 JCC/ILO/UNRWA Saida, Lebanon
Counseling and Placement Officer – Employment Services Center – ILO/UNRWA project funded by CIDA
- Supervised other team members when no higher ranking officer is present.
- Conducted individual counseling and guidance sessions to job seekers.
- Sketched job seekers' individual profiles (identify skills, work experience, professional aspirations and skills needed)
- Provided advice and counseling to job seekers on jobs, trainings, internships and entrepreneurship.
- Short listed job seekers and matched between them and vacancies.
- Generated relevant reports (job seekers, employers, labor market etc…)
September 2008 – August 2009 CESVI Tyr, Lebanon
Project Local Coordinator – Fighting Youth unemployment and promoting women micro-entrepreneurship in the Caza of Tyre
- Established relations with companies in the areas of Saida and Tyre.
- Coordinated and supervised the activities of the Job center officers as to finding vacancies and short listing candidates and other related recruitment activities and the vocational training manager throughout the implementation of vocational training courses.
- Collaborated with the municipalities.
- Reported to the Country representative.
- Organized a Job Fair in Tyre.
- Assisted in preparing the final project accounting documents.
- Coordinated and monitored the activities of the partner organization (S-Bic) in implementing vocational training courses and business trainings for entrepreneurs.
December 2007 – August 2008 CESVI Tyr, Lebanon
Job Center manager – Support to the economic recovery in Tyre and Saida regions
- Created a contact matrix with companies regarding vacancies.
- Matched between job seekers and job openings.
- Organized CV compiling and interviewing conduct courses.
- Organized English and computer courses.
- Assisted in the organization of a workshop on the economical situation in South Lebanon after the crisis.
- Assisted in the organization of a Job Fair in Tyre.
April 2007 – December 2007 MSL Saida, Lebanon
Field and social worker – Support to the economic recovery in Tyre and Saida regions
- Prepared questionnaires for farmers in four villages in South Lebanon and selected the beneficiaries for the CESVI's agricultural reinforcement project.
- Prepared and observed vocational training courses for young unemployed men and women in four villages in the south. (CESVI's youth reinforcement project).
- Worked closely with the beneficiaries of the vocational training courses (ages 15 - 25) and provided guidance and assistance.
Dec. 2006 – Feb. 2007 Massar Beirut, Lebanon
(Implementing a project for SDC- Cash for Livelihood)
- Conducted field visits to evaluate and investigate the livelihood conditions of the villagers in 12 war-affected villages in the South of Lebanon.
- Specified the level of vulnerability of beneficiaries in order to define the corresponding compensation.
- Prepared final lists of damages and compensation to be provided to SDC.
August 2006 &ndas