How can businesses lead the way to sustainable fashion?
The EU-funded project SwitchMed launched a new publication focusing on the different strategies to help achieve a transition to circular economy in the south Mediterranean textile and fashion industry.
This publication enables a comprehensive analysis of the replicability of the different business models presented in the document.
The “Circular business opportunities in the south Mediterranean: how can businesses lead the way to sustainable fashion?” publication describes five different strategies that would help achieve that transition in the textile industry, namely:
• Prevent pollution and save resources
• Recover resources after disposal
• Extend resource use and reduce disposal during the use and maintenance phases
• Increase resource utilization rate
• Shift to circular supplies and renewable resources