Piazza Marina 29, 90133 Palermo (Italy)
(+39) 380 6360475
Sex Female | Date of birth 22 Dec 1988 | Nationality Italian
FIELD OF EXPERTISE
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION, LOGISTIC,
HUMAN RIGHTS AND HUMANITARIAN LAW EXPERIENCE
13 Feb 2015–Present Junior Program Manager
Cesie - European centre of Studies and Initiatives, Palermo (Italy)
▪ Assistance in projects development and writing of European projects in the new Community
Programme Erasmus + 2014 – 2020;
▪ Supervising and supporting the design, application and implementation projects in the field of non
formal education and training, citizenship and youth;
▪ Drafting reports and articles on projects' follow-up activities;
▪ Coordination of Training Courses among EuroMediterranean countries as a part of Erasmus +
Programme, Key Action 1, mobility for youth workers and Key Action 2 – Cooperation for
innovation and the exchange of good practices -Capacity Building in the field of Youth;
▪ Preparation and organization of the project activities and events (training courses, meetings,
conferences, reports, researches).
13 Sep 2014–22 Dec 2014 Trainee at the EU Del Political Unit
Political Unit; European External Action Service (EEAS)- EU Delegation., Tunis (Tunisia)
▪ Electoral Monitoring for the Election Observation Mission of the EU;
▪ Political analysis and qualitative researchers to the HQs on human rights and transitional justice
▪ Co-working on programs carried out by the Political Unit;
▪ Translations (AR-EN; ITA-EN;EN-ITA; AR-FR; FR-IT; ES-IT/FR/EN)
▪ Attending and preparing meetings and interviews in high level institutions (EEAS, UNDP)
▪ Networking with key stakeholders and representing the EU at various forums;
▪ Representing EU DEL in election monitoring and security working groups chaired by UNDP
▪ Representing Eu DEL in working groups chaired by IOM regarding the SALEMM project "Solidarity
with Maghreb and Mashreq children", Co funded by EU.
▪ Researches to be sent to the HQs:
▫ Project 1: Torture and prison abuse during Tunisian political transition;
▫ Project 2: Corruption under Ben Ali and its consequences in the economy.
3 Mar 2014–30 Jun 2014 Analyst and Project Assistant No Peace Without Justice - MENA Democracy
program and Gender and Human Rights Program
No Peace Without Justice, Brussels (Belgium)
▪ Develop NPWJ's MENA Democracy Program Strategy for 2015;
▪ Reviewing the existing projects and identify gaps in programming or areas that NPWJ could scale
▪ Conducting in-depth analysis regarding the Female Genital Mutilation in East and West Africa;
▪ Conducting researches and drafting official documents related to NPWJs MENA Program;
▪ Represent NPWJ in EU responds to crisis in Syria, Legal and Resettlement working groups chaired
by EU Parliament and European Foundation for Democracy;
▪ Represent NPWJ in Transitional justice and accountability in the MENA Region Inter-Agency case
▪ Participate in NPWJ advocacy work in Brussels with the Government, Parliament, UN Agency,
Donors and other NGOs
15 Jul 2013–21 Dec 2013 Shelter Assistant Programme Manager (Intern)
Centro Astalli: Jesuit Center For Refugees In Italy, Palermo (Italy)
▪ Provide assistance in drafting project/programme proposals, as well as policies and tools for the
shelter programme staff
▪ Member of the administrative & technical team
▪ Legal support for refugee seekers
1 Jun 2012–29 Sep 2012 Private teacher for tunisian, maroccan and bangla immigrant children
Private, Palermo (Italy)
Dealing with immigrants children who came in Italy recently, ignoring the Italian language, mostly
native Arabic speakers.
I was a collaborator with regard to the educational activities of children and those who wanted to learn
the language using the aid of a linguistic mediator.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
17 Sep 2012–10 Mar 2015 Master's Degree in Languages, Economic and Legal Institutions of Asia and Africa Mediterranean (LISAAM), Cum Laude 110/110
Ca' Foscari University//Qalam Wa Lawh Institute for Arabic Studies: School of Asian Studies and
Business Management., Venezia (Italy)
▪ University of Venice: Arabic language, Middle Eastern Affairs: economics, politics, history and
international relations and islamic law of Middle East and North African countries.
▪ Qalam wa Lawh Insitute of Arabic Studies: Arabic Language, Intensive course of 90 hours,
composed by written and oral daily training. Conflict and Negotiations in the Middle East,
Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response after the Arab Spring.
Master thesis (Arabic and Italian) in Euro-Mediterranean migration policies: "Tunisia and migration:
between the yasmin revolution and EU controlling policies" . Grade: 110/110 Cum Laude.
Sep 2011–Mar 2012 Certificate for arabic language - Level 4/5
Institut Bourguiba de Langues Vivantes - IBLV / University of Tunis El Manar, Tunis (Tunisia)
Intensive Arabic Language and Middle Eastern Affairs Training
2007–2011 Bachelor in Languages and European Studies
University of Palermo/University of Murcia
Law, Economics, History, Sociology, International relations, Languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic)
Mother tongue(s) Italian
Other language(s) UNDERSTANDING SPEAKING WRITING
Listening Reading Spoken interaction Spoken production
P.E.T, FIRST, AND TRINITY LEVEL 8.
Currently attending a course for IELTS certification.
Certificate of Institut Bourguiba des Langues Vivantes, Tunis
Certificate of attendance of Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies
Choosen as 3rd language for Bachelors Degree
Organisational / managerial skills ▪ Proven managerial ability including logistic and technical coordination of events and projects;
▪ Ease in working and operating in a team;
▪ Capacity of communicate empathically with the others and to apply successful work strategies
▪ Multitasking capabilities.
Job-related skills ▪ Good skills in explaining concepts and subjects to new learners, ease in relationing and socializing
with people, propensity in adaptation to new social contests, ease in learning new languages in a
▪ Ability in administrative tasks.
▪ Excellent translation skills.
▪ Excellent research and analytical skills.
▪ Writing and communication skills.
Digital competence European Computer Driving Licence