Carlos Doumit Ibrahim
Tel: 961 1 443500
Mobile: 961 70 91 45 42
SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
2005 – Present: IDC Operations (Worldwide freight forwarding)
IDC is a Lebanese company specialized in logistic services. With offices strategically located in the heart of Beirut city, 5-10 minutes away from the Sea and Air Port, IDC has been providing a variety of express, logistic, freight forwarding and domestic distribution services.
- Manage the Import Customs Compliance Department and supervise the Import/Export Departments
- Arrange customs clearance and delivery
- Monitor orders and shipment of items until delivery to warehouse
- Make recommendations to facilitate the development of Corporate Customs and Trade compliance programs.
- Work closely with terminal staff, vessel operators and their agents in the development of accurate and efficient plans to load / unload vessels/ container plan and discharging to assure best stability/ bending moment and cargo
- Research, analyze, assimilate, and evaluate all available information relating to any customs compliance issues such as marking, trademarks, classification, and customs documentation
- Responsible for providing clients with technical assistance in the preparation of import/export documentation and review all new incoming material to determine applicability of The Lebanese Customs programs
- Supervise Accounts Payables for air and ocean freight and brokerage charges
- Continue assisting on the monthly financial closing and reporting of manufacturing and inventory data
- Address and respond to Customs or other government agencies which inquire both prior to and post entry of the merchandise
- Job processing, answering phone calls to solve client's queries and problems.
- Compile, classify and prepare final entry report
- Maintain records of client product files and auditing
- Provide advice to clients on recent regulations and information affecting their business in terms of regulations & protocols
- Handling of dangerous and perishable goods
- Train and supervise team members
- Make recommendations
Bachelor of Arts with second class honors 2010
The Open University - Britain
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (systems) 2009
The Arab Open University – Lebanon
High school baccalaureate in Life Science 2004
Hoda High school - Beirut
- Arabic: mother tongue
- English: fluent
- Spanish: beginner
- Lebanese Customs entry processes
- In-depth knowledge of customs procedures and policies, border protection methods, legislation procedures, fees and other information relevant to customs work
- Comprehensive understanding of Customs processes
- Management of Logistics operations for vessel support
- Handling of refrigerated cargoes in containers and cold storage warehouses
- Knowledge of search and investigation techniques
- Good management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Multiple tasking abilities and technical skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities, hard working, accurate and punctual
- Able to work as a team member or independently within set time limit.
- Quick learner, able to grasp and promote new ideas
- Excellent use of Excel, Word, Power Point, and the Internet
- Take initiative and pay attention to detail
- Employee Retention
NAME: TITLE: EMPLOYER: CONTACT NUMBER:
Ms. ODETTE PRE-SALES ENGINEER LIBATEL 96170876491
Mr. ROGER INSTRUCTOR TECHNOMENIA 96170132301
In the company in which I am now presently employed, I have worked as SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER for the past 7 years. I have been responsible for a wide variety of tasks to include managing all office, business, and accounting responsibilities of staff, as well as running all office administration for communication and operational efficiency. I am also well aware of all office computer software and programs as well as mailing protocol, answering phones, and communicating with the public. Working in a dynamic environment, I had the opportunity to move around the sector, building my experience in diverse roles and projects
I am a conscientious person who works hard and pays attention to detail. I'm flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others. I also have lots of ideas and enthusiasm. I'm keen to work for a company with a great reputation and high profile.
Thanks so much for your time.